To schedule automated backups via Plesk, you can do the following:
- Go to Tools & Settings > Backup Manager.
- Click Scheduled Backup Settings.
- Select the Activate this backup task checkbox and specify the following:
- When and how often to run the backup.
- Backup file name.
- Splitting of the backup file. To create a multivolume backup, select the respective checkbox and specify volume size in megabytes. Note that volume size cannot exceed 4095 megabytes.
- Location where to store the backup file. Select the repository where you would like to store the backup file.
- Maximum number of backup files stored in the repository. Type a number if you want to recycle backup files: When this limit is reached, the oldest backup files are removed.
- E-mail notification on backing up errors. If you want to send an e-mail notice when something goes wrong during backing up, type the e-mail address you need.
- What data to back up. You can back up only settings, or settings and user data.
- Click OK.
Once this is done, the auto backup generation should work without any issues.
You may also refer our short screencast on Creating And Restoring Backups Using Plesk's Backup Manager.