Security token missing when accessing cPanel, webmail and WHM
Posted by Ryan Mendonca on 30 September 2019 04:42:41 PM
You might have seen the error mentioned below when accessing cPanel, webmail or WHM in your web browser. The login details you have entered is correct but you got logged out from cPanel.|
Most of us save the login URL in web browser bookmarks because it is easy to remember. You might have saved the URL including the old session ID in the browser.
- The most common reason is accessing the cPanel, WHM etc from bookmarks in your browser.
Before the internet connection got disconnected the security token was: https://server.example.com:2087/cpsess1477854555/ and when it got reconnected the security token changed to https://server.example.com:2087/cpsess6534278654/
- You will also encounter the error if you have opened multiple sessions (multiple cPanel, webmail or WHM) in a single browser.
- Your internet might have got disconnected while you were working on cPanel. The security token will get changed when the internet gets reconnected and it is not the same as the old token.
In the above URLs, you can see that the security token is different.
- You might have copied different cPanel, WHM or webmail session into your browser.
- Refresh or reopen the web browser and try again.
- Clear browser and DNS cache. Also delete all cookies in the browser and try accessing the link.
- Try the URL in an incognito/private window in the browser.